3/15/2014

Lakshmi Menon Talks about her Lip Lock, Item Dance and Her School Life !

15/03/2014
Actress Lakshmi Menon is currently one of the most wanted heroine in Kollywood, The actress has not looked back since the grand success of Kumki. Lakshmi's movies have all been blockbusters from Kumki, Sundara Pandiyan, Kutti Puli and Pandiya Nadu.
Here is Lakshmi Menon's latest interview to The Times of India

The Tamil experience

Too good! I absolutely love it in Kollywood. It is a well-known fact that cinema is a major part of Tamil audiences' life. They are quite upfront when it comes to positive or negative feedback. I remember an instance where a guy came to see me while I was shooting for Pandiya Nadu. We were inside a temple in Kumbakonam. I was bewildered to see this person being super ecstatic upon seeing me. He jumped, galloped and did quite a few crazy things and was sweating profusely as I offered him a hand shake! Similarly, once a marine engineer came to meet me at the hotel I stayed in Chennai. Apparently, his mobile phone and room are full of my pictures! It is great to have such fans and I'm more than glad.

Being a bold, mature actress

I feel that unlike in the past, children these days are a lot more mature to handle their life. It's not just me, but even my friends are like that. Especially since I am part of such an industry, maturity and boldness to understand situations and stand by your decisions come over naturally.

The lip-lock with Vishal in Naan Sigappu Manithan

When the film's director Thiru Sir narrated the script, I understood it is an important sequence. I took it very professionally and had no problem shooting it. I am someone who is addicted to acting, and to do justice to a role of substance, I do not mind acting such scenes.

Your much-talked about cheek scar

It is on my left cheek and appeared after a schoolmate pushed me down. I am happy that the Tamil industry considers it a sign of luck! I am generally in favour of actors taking extra steps to augment their looks for films, but personally I am a lazy teenager who does nothing of that sort.

The parallel student life

I am doing my Plus One in Kochi. I was an extremely studious kid until Class VIII. Once films happened, studies took a backseat. However, I have no plans to give up studies completely for films. My dream is to pursue a bachelor's degree in English literature in Maharaja's College, Kochi. If time permits, I also want to try a hand at Civil Services.

Actor Siddharth's comment on your quick grasping power

My plus point is that I can connect with what the director wants, quite fast. I am happy for that comment from Siddharth Sir. I also like singing; my grandmother is a music teacher. I might try a hand at playback singing as well soon, though the details cannot be divulged now.

Will you do an item number?

As a viewer, I definitely enjoy item numbers. However, I am not comfortable wearing revealing clothes, as I feel they don't suit my body type. I make clear specifications about my dress code before signing any film.

*Source- Times of India

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..