10/09/2013

Naiyandi Director Says Nazriya is doing it for Publicity


9/10/2013
Actress Nazriya and the Naiyaandi controversy has been the most debated topic in recent days. The actress who has filed a police complaint seeking the movie should be first screened to her and then be released if not the movie should not be allowed to be screened.
The problem started when Nazriya posted this on her facebook wall 
I have complained against the producer/director of Naiyaandi to Nadigar Sangham for cheating. They have used a body double to shoot the below scene without my permission. This is against contractual agreements. We will take legal action.

Director Sarkunam has now issued a statement that 
"When editing the song, I found that I needed a close-up to get the content of a scene across to the audience. I asked Nazriya to come and shoot for that close-up shot but she said, 'I cannot come from Kerala to shoot this. You can shoot it with someone else'," he said and added, "However, I do not know why she has a problem now with it. Maybe, she is doing this for publicity."

Sarkunam also said that if Nazriya is offended by the shot that appears in the trailer, he is ready to remove it, and challenged the actress to watch the film with media persons and claim that she hasn't acted in the Inikka Inikka song. "The film has been granted a 'U' certificate. It is a family entertainer," he added.

Nazriya However in her police complaint to the Commissioner had this to say
"He abused me, threatened me and my family, and vowed that he would bring disrespect to my Muslim community willfully" .

Here is Director Sargunam interview to Ananda Vikatan 

where he addresses the issue 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..