10/10/2013

Breaking Now : Surya Drops Gautham Menon's Dhruva Natchathiram

10/10/2013
Surya's much speculated project Dhruva Natchathiram with Gautham Vasudev Menon has been officially dropped. Director GVM after the debacle in Neethane En Ponvasantham after a mighty struggle signed on his favorite actor Surya yet again in hopes to revive his career. However the project never really took off. Even after the official pooja of the movie the director was yet to finalize on the heroine and Surya wasn't satisfied with the screenplay either and the actor came out and revealed that Dhruva Natchathiram was delayed due to technical difficulties and he is moving on to Linguswamy's project.
These immediately sparked off reports that Dhruva Natchathiram was dropped , but GVM himself made a tweet stating " Don't write me off as yet guys..No speculation needed. Coming your way, from suriya and myself, a good tamil film. At least we think so."
GVM re-assured the fans recently that the project was definitely on, Here is the tweet

But unfortunately Actor Surya has now issued a official statement that the project has indeed been dropped, Here is the complete press release by Surya

"I was supposed to join hands with Gautham Menon and we decided this in June 2012. Now due to various issues, we both will not be working together as planned. Out of experience, I have always been concentrating on the story aspect before deciding to work on a project as I deem it my duty to fulfill the expectations that fans have from me. I made this very clear at the very start to Gautham and our agreement also clearly stated the same. But now, after more than a year, I am yet to get a proper story in its entirety, from Gautham

After completing Singam 2, I waited for a period of 6 months and even accepted to do a test shoot and have a formal pooja, on the basis of my friendship and goodwill with Gautham. After that, I waited at home for many months and didn't go for any shoots as I was yet to get the proper story from my director.

Prior to this, I had a similar experience with Gautham for Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam when we had a pooja, shot for just a week and then I had to wait for more than 8 months. That film didn't happen and I went through a very similar experience this time too. 

Now, I won't be in a position to wait any longer and I feel that myself and Gautham are diametrically opposite in our ideologies. This being the case, I firmly think I won't be able to work together with Gautham.

On a friendly basis, I did my best to keep this project alive but I can't continue making false choices as I have learnt valuable lessons in the past. Hence, I have decided to officially withdraw from this project with Gautham."


4 comments:

  1. surya did corrrect gvm pictures will not give him hit so he did right because now he was very big hero and one of the person for first place

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in the game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont say like that guys , we dont know what conversations happened between them , how can we say as surya is wrong ??? i am from andhra , there is huge fans here after thalaivar and kamalhasan

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont say like that guys, we dont know what conversations happened between them, vth out knowing facts how can we say as surya is wrong ,, am from andhra (rayalaseema) huge fans to surya is here , after thalaivar and kamal

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here..