7/09/2013

I Don't Seek Rajinikanth's Advice Says Dhanush

Image Courtesy : Filmfare Magazine
9/07/2013
Dhanush is currently on a all-time high after the tremendous response to his Bollywood debut Raanjhnaa and is Mariyaan is expected to be out very soon. Here are some excerpts from Dhanush's recent interview to Filmfare magazine.

The Experience of Moving to Bollywood :
“Everyone thought Raanjhanaa was a mistake, They said things like, ‘You are a star down South and you have your hands full. Why do you want to take the risk? Hindi films are different. It’s not easy.’ But I wondered, ‘How different could it be?’ People are people and emotions are the same everywhere.If they like a film they’ll like it. There’s nothing more to any industry.”

Do the Stars of the South look down upon Hindi Films ?
“I don’t think that South Indian stars look down upon Hindi films. Probably, they’re just busy doing their work, An actor would love to be in any good film, irrespective of the language. Not to say there aren’t one or two wrong people. They’re stars who are happy in their comfort zone and wouldn’t want to be newcomers again.”

About the Song Kolaveri and The Movie 3 :
 “The song gave a different perspective to 3. People thought it would be a funny film. But that’s not an excuse, We’ll have to accept that we failed where the film was concerned. Everyone liked the first half but the second half was a completely different movie. Maybe the film shouldn’t have been so sad and intense,”

Rumors of Link up between You and Shurti Haasan :
 “Some publication carried made-up incidents about Shruti and me. They were completely untrue. If there’s a film that’ll have both of us together, I’ll be happy to do it."

About his Father in Law, Superstar Rajinikanth :
 “He’s an icon and has crossed even the legendary status. I’m not overwhelmed by him. I do my own work. I don’t think about his work and his status. I don’t seek his advice. And he doesn’t get involved in my career. I don’t let anyone get involved in my career.”

On Facing the camera for the first time :
“One day I was getting ready to go to school and my father asked me to come on the set as one of his child actors hadn’t turned up. I started crying. He still took me and there was no looking back. My first girlfriend dumped me. She thought I had no future in the movies. She made a practical decision. I too knew I’d never be a star,”

About his Family :
“I spend 30 days in a year with my family, It’s bad on my part. But I’m doing all this for them. I want my kids (sons Yatra and Linga) to be proud of me when they grow up. They should be safe and secure. Any responsible father would think that way. I keep them away from the media as much as possible. I want them to earn their place under the spotlight.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here..